I need your help. I’ve been working on my presentation of “Sidesaddles and Geysers: Women’s Adventures in Early Yellowstone that will be at Beavertail Hill State Park southeast of Missoula this Friday at 8 p.m. It’s part of a 12-week series at the park on Women in Montana History.
The event, which is sponsored by the Humanities Montana Speakers Bureau, has a standing title, but I always tailor what I say to the occasion. That gives me a reason to review my files and keeps things fresh in case somebody has a chance to hear me twice.
Here’s how you can help—and win an autographed copy of my book, Adventures in Yellowstone: Early Travelers Tell Their Tales.
- Click on the “Categories” button on the right side of this page and choose “Women Stories.”
- Review stories listed (you’ll have to click the “older posts” button at the bottom of the list to see all 16 of them.)
- In the comments section below list the four stories that you think will make the best presentation.
I’ll choose a winner from the submissions based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to the audience (families of campers and vactioners) and setting (outdoors in a state park).
- Appropriateness to the topic, “Montana Women’s History.”
- Variety (adventure, humor, time period, etc.)
Enter and many times as you want!
Tell your friends! Have fun!